There are two main reasons that smoke detectors chirp: low batteries and a mis-wired or defunct detector. If your smoke detectors are chirping, change the batteries to see if this solves the issue. Smoke detectors that continue to chirp after battery replacement have sustained internal electrical damage or have reached the end of their functional lifetime; your electrician can repair the wiring or replace the defunct detector to ensure your home’s smoke detection system remains intact.
The short answer to this question is, generally, yes! Electrical outlets can often be relocated elsewhere in your wall to eliminate unsightly cords. However this process does involve cutting a new hole in your wall for the new outlet placement and patching the wall where the outlet once sat. Additionally, there are a few constraints on outlet placement, such as stud location—your electrician will be able to give you more details, once he sees your home.
A short circuit occurs when the wire carrying the electrical current comes into contact the grounded conductor or equipment ground.
Replacing any existing light switch with a dimmer switch is a simple task—as long as you’re an electrician. Installing a dimmer switch properly requires more than simply removing the old switch and replacing it with a new one. During this process, your electrician will also check the condition of the wiring, make sure the switch is properly grounded, and ensure the box is large enough to safely contain the new wiring associated with your dimmer switch. Any time you want to replace an existing switch with a dimmer switch, just call your local electrician to handle the job.
A surge protector is an appliance that protects an electrical device from voltage spikes. A surge protector is designed to limit the voltage flow to an electric device by blocking any unwanted voltages above a safe threshold.
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to immediately spot an electrical issue. Any good handyman will tell you that they can fix it themselves without a problem. Unfortunately, there is a problem. Handymen are not qualified to handle electrical work. Electricians have to undergo years of extensive training and certification processes to obtain his or her license. Sure, a license may seem like a piece of paper, but that paper is something that can save your life.
Yes. A loose plug in an outlet results in high electrical resistance. Electrical resistance causes overheating, which often results in a fire. An overheating outlet may also damage the connected device or appliance. Replacing an electrical outlet is a relatively inexpensive task.
If you can safely turn the power off, do so and give us a call immediately. You might need an upgrade or some maintenance. Either way, this is a job for the professionals.
We know that you are busy. So once we assess the problem together, you will not need to be present as we do our work. We will take care of your valuable items and property while we work to ensure that everything is in order after we are finished.
Above are just some of the most common questions customers frequently ask us about their electrical systems, but there are far more! If you have a question not answered on this page—or if you need more professional help with your problem—contact us online or give us a call at 262-525-8123 today!
Near MeWest BendKewaskumFond du LacSheboyganMenomonee FallsPort WashingtonCedarburgGraftonJacksonRichfieldPlymouth